Examples of projects supported by the Lanckoronski Foundation
The Reconstitution of the Memory of Poland.
Co-operation between the Main Directorate of the Polish State Archives and the Lanckoroński Foundation in the area of the registration of Polish archival material in Ukrainian archives.
“The Reconstitution of the Memory of Poland” is an international programme being carried out under the patronage of the Council of Europe, whose principal aim is to collect information about primary sources located in Ukrainian archives relating to Polish history. Upon the recommendation of UNESCO in 1997 the International Council of Archives designed a questionnaire intended to discover on a global scale the degree of losses and dispersal of archival material as well as to recognize the chances of resolving problems arising from the same. The response of the relevant Polish authorities revealed the huge dispersal and destruction of the nation’s archival resources, a fact hitherto unrecognized even by professional circles, which in extreme cases reached 90% in terms of the losses suffered by central state archives during the course of the Second World War.
Acta Nuntiaturae Polonae, XLII, vol. 3: Nicolaus Spinola (1709)
Author: Ioannes Kopiec
Kraków, The Polish Academy of Learning, 2014
CONSPECTUS RERUM Index fontium, qui in hoc volumine publicatur (VII) Opera in quibus scripta ad nuntiaturam Nicolai Spiola attinentia publicata sunt (IX) Studia et fontes auxiliarii quibus in hoc volumine apparando usi sumus (X) Index notarum (XI) TEXTUS (1) Index nominum, institutorum et locorum (587).
The Roman-Catholic Cathedral of Lwów (from the series: Material relating to the History of Religious Art in the Eastern Territories of the Former Republic of Poland,Part 1: Roman-Catholic Churches and Monasteries of the Former Province of Ruthenia, Vol. 21; Part 2 the Province of Novgorod; Part. 3 the Province of Vilnius; Part 4 the Province of Trakai; Part 5 the Province of Brest-in-Lithuania)
Authors: Jakub Adamski, Marcin Biernat, Jan K. Ostrowski, Jerzy T. Petrus
Series edited by: Jan K. Ostrowski
Kraków, International Centre of Culture [Międzynarodowe Centrum Kultury ] in Krakow.
This new volume of the series is entirely dedicated to the Roman-Catholic Cathedral of Lwów. This monograph of the most important Roman Catholic church in the city of Lwów presents the history of the cathedral from the Middle Ages and throughout the modern period as well as its restoration in the late nineteenth century, its conservation during the interwar period and upto the present day, including current conservation work.
The book, as in previous volumes, provides full descriptions of the architecture, painting and sculptural decoration. Previous historical information concerning the subject of this work is critically analysed and an evaluation of the current state of research is presented as well as a broad overview of the pertinent artistic issues.
The text is illustrated by a number of often unique photographs, documenting the historical and contemporary appearance of the church.
André Le Brun: Principal Sculptor of King Stanisław August
Author: Katarzyna Mikocka-Rachubowa
Warsaw, the Institute of Polish Art of the Polish Academy of Science
The French artist André Le Brun (1737-1811) was for over a quarter of a century “the pre-eminent sculptor” at the court of King Stanisław August and one of the greatest artistic personalities of the Republic of Poland in the late eighteenth century.
The book, which consists of 912 pages, is divided into two volumes, the first of which deals with the life and work of the artist, whilst the second is a catalogue of his sculptures and drawings, including 240 objects comprising statues, groups, busts, heads and medallions by Le Brun in white marble, bronze, terracotta, plaster and stucco, as well as 118 drawings by the artist, mainly in red or brown ink and bistre. It contains 610 illustrations and a diverse bibliography.
Deputies of the Tribunal of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania from 1697 to 1794. List
Ed. by Andrzej Rachuba
Institute of History of the Polish Academy of Science
Warsaw, the Wydawnictwo DiG publishing house
A list of the elected representatives of the highest judicial authority in the whole of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. The Tribunal, as a judicial court of appeal, had a social character and judges were deputies of various districts who were elected during specially convened local parliaments.
This study is chronologically the first of the configuration of deputies to the Main Tribunal of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The list is preceded by a lengthy introduction, presenting the initial and most significant part of the history of this institution, which was one of the most important of the Republic of Poland. The author discusses the Tribunal’s origin, the principles according to which it was organized and the competence of its deputies and individual officials. The list contains information about the local electoral parliaments, their marshals and documentation, as well as the court’s terms of office.
Tahańcza of the Poniatowskis. A Chapter of the History of the Nobility in the Ukraine during the Nineteenth Century
Author: Elżbieta Orman
Krakow, the Polish Academy of Science
This publication deals with the history of a forgotten branch of the Poniatowski family and their Russian descendants, the Buturlins, who maintained the Roman Catholic tradition of their Polish ancestors in Tahańcza until the outbreak of the Revolution in 1917. This analysis of the opportunities and impossibilities facing the Polish and Russian nobility in the Kiev region during the nineteenth century is drawn against a background of the political, social and economic processes occuring at the time as well with regard to their association with the Russian State.
The Poniatowski family is presented from a variety of perspectives including that of a genealogical exploration of their various relationships with the royal family of that name. This book also describes in detail the life of the colonel and founder of factories in Ukraine, Józef Poniatowski (1762-1845), an industrial pioneer in the province of Kiev during the era of the Polish partitions, the rise of Tahańcza’s fortune, daily life there, the dilemmas of the second generation of the Poniatowskis, the Tahańcza of August Poniatowski’s era and that of the Buturlin family.
Karol Lanckoroński and his Viennese Collections
Author: Joanna Winiewicz
Krakow, Wawel Castle, 2010
A comprehensive two-volume study of the history of Count Karol Lanckoroński’s collections, based on primary source documents and richly illustrated with numerous photographs, many of them archival ones (in total 653) and previously unpublished. Volume I describes the history of the collection throughout the period 1815-1950 and presents a profile of Karol Lanckoroński himself. Volume II – a catalogue comprising 1,264 items – is the first attempt to show the collection in its entirety. Notes contain basic information to identify the works and include extracts from several inventories drawn up at different times, a selection of relevant literature, and photographs relating to some forty percent of the entries. The English version, translated by Krystyna Malcharek, will be published in December 2014 (Vol. I) and January 2015 (Volume II).