Piotr Piniński, president of the Lanckoronski Foundation (left) and Marek Zaczek, president of The Pro Arte et Historia Foundation founded by the Agencja Rozwoju Przemysłu S.A. (right) listening to Jan Jarosz, director of the National Museum in Przemyśl.
Piotr Piniński at the opening of the Exhibition on the life and work of Cardinal Adam Stefan Sapieha. On his right is Maria Czekaj, grand-daughter of the cardinal’s brother.
Piotr Piniński in conversation with Roman Chmelyk, director of the Historical Museum of Lwów (left) and Marek Kuchciński, marshal of the Polish House of Deputies (centre).
In the year of the 200th anniversary of the founding of the Ossolineum the Lanckoronski Foundation once again has assumed the role of the Institute’s benefactor, by granting the funds required to publish the papers delivered at the conference “Early Printed Books and their Owners”. In 2002 Piotr Piniński, president of the Foundation, gave the Ossolineum a collection of valuable illuminated manuscripts dating from the XV – XIX century, inherited from his ancestor Professor Count Leon Piniński, and in 2016 the Foundation donated a set of miniatures left in 1940 as a wartime deposit in the Ossolineum’s Museum of the Princes Lubomirski by two of Count Karol Lanckoroński’s children, Karolina and Antoni.
In 2017 the publishing arm of the Ossolineum will issue a volume comprising studies entitled “Early Printed Books and their Owners”, being edited by Agnieszka Franczyk-Cegły and Dorota Sidorowicz-Mulak. This book will also contain papers given by participants at the conference organized by the Ossolineum in association with the Consortium of European Research Libraries. The articles relate to research work on the provenances of early printed books and incunabula. The publication will be financed by the Lanckoronski Foundation which is dedicated to the promotion and support of academic research work and publications in the field of the humanities.
On July 8th 2016 in Wrocław the Lanckoronski Foundation gave the Ossolineum forty three miniatures from the former collection of the Counts Lanckoroński. Those paintings comprise objects from the 17th to the 19th century and provide a fine example of a family collection showing not only portraits of ancestors but also famous historical figures, painted by excellent artists. On September 23rd 2016 these gifts went on public display in a permanent exhibition housed in the Ossolineum’s Pan Tadeusz Museum.
(see: Exhibition and Educational Programme)
The collection of the 43 Lanckoroński miniatures – the illuminated manuscripts to which the brochure refers are displayed in the drawers.
The collections are displayed in a room designed to create the appearance and atmosphere of a 19th c. library.
Piotr Piniński, president of the Lanckoroński Foundation (2nd right), and Dr Adolf Juzwenko, director of the Ossolineum (right), at the opening of the collections’ permanent exhibition.
The collections are displayed in a room leading on to the one in which Adam Mickiewicz’s manuscript of Pan Tadeusz is displayed.
(left to right) Catherine Raczyńska, member of the Lanckoroński Foundation’s council, and Piotr Piniński president of the Lanckoroński Foundation listeing to the speech of dr. Adolf Juzwenko, director of the Ossolineum.
Catherine Raczyńska and Piotr Piniński signing the act of donation.
Catherine Raczyńska and Piotr Piniński together with dr. Adolf Juzwenko after signing the act of donation.
The exhibition of part of the collection of miniatures.
In the Ossolineum in Wrocław on July 8th 2016 Piotr Piniński and Katarzyna Raczyńska signed a notarial deed whereby the Lanckoronski Foundation gave that institution 43 miniatures inherited as heirs to the Counts Lanckoroński.
The symposium took place on 18 April 2016 at the Viennese subsidiary of the Polish Academy of Science.
The Viennese subsidiary of the Polish Academy of Science: Piotr Piniński, President of the Lanckoronski Foundation.
(from left to right) Piotr Piniński the President of the Lanckoroński Foundation, Ms Beata Walczakiewicz of the Polish Academy of Science, Profesor Elżbieta Frąckowiak the Vice-Director of the Polish Academy of Science, Artur Lorkowski the Polish Ambassador to Austria, Dr Andreas Fingernagel the Director of the Dept. of Manuscripts and Prints at the Austrian National Library, Dr Werner Grebner the Deputy Mayor of Vienna’s III district.
With deep sadness the Foundation regrets the loss of its long-standing member, Andrzej Stanisław Ciechanowiecki, who died in London on November 2nd at the age of ninety one. The funeral will take place at the Brompton Oratory at eleven o’clock on November 16th after which his ashes will be interred in the church at Mistrzejowice, Kraków.
His contribution to Polish culture and the arts was of enormous importance.
On October 9th 2015 an exhibition on the above subject was opened in Hoover Square, Krakowskie Przedmieście in Warsaw, based on the book of the same name which was financed by the Lanckoronski Foundation and published by the Professor Mojżesz Schorr Foundation.
(From left to right) Jadwiga Czartoryska (member of the Council of the Lanckoronski Foundation), Dr. Grażyna Pawlak, Professor Elżbieta Mazur and Professor Daniel Grinberg (co-authors of the book and exhibition), Piotr Piniński (president of the Lanckoronski Foundation) and Maciej Sadowski (co-author of the book and exhibition).
Volumes published between 2005-2014 were edited in a manner which permits their immediate release in digital form. A separate Lanckoronski Foundation grant also allows PAU to digitalize volumes published between 1990-2004 which are being scanned (from 2004 back) and will be successively made available on the page mentioned above. The Polish Academy of Learning plans to complete this task by the first quarter of 2016.
The greatest collection of scientific photographs in Central Europe, namely that of Count Karol Lanckoroński, was kept in the palace on his estate of Rozdół from the 1870s until 1915. During the First World War the collection was evacuated from there to Vienna where it was housed in the Lanckoroński Palace on Jacquingasse.
In 1929 Count Lanckoroński gave the Polish Academy of Learning his photographic collection, which comprised about sixty thousand images […] of architecture, sculpture and painting, with special emphasis on Italian art.…read more →